29 September 2008

Mommy fix it

Lately the boy has wanted me to make forts for him out of the sofa pillows.   It brings me such joy to see the happiness it brings him so I willingly do it.  Then five minutes later he comes running up to me asking to fix the fort because he has jumped on it destroying it and  he flashes that little man smile of his so  I will  fix it for him.   After the third or fourth time, I tell him I will not fix it again because he is not listening to me when I say 'don't jump on it' and if he jumps on it again he has to fix it himself.  Today it got me thinking about how I do that with my life.  I ask God for stuff and he gives it to me because I am his little girl and he takes joy in my happiness.  Then I go and jump all over it because I didn't listen when he said it will come crashing down if you jump on it.  But come on! Jumping is oh so fun! Will it really do that much damage? The answer is sadly yes; but the great thing is God doesn't make me fix it after the third or fourth time because he loves me so much! He knows someday I will see that if I do what he says it will not come crashing down.  Hopefully, for the boy and I, that will be very soon!

1 comment:

hollybengtson said...

See you were made to blog, this is an awesome illustration!